Listing your property for sale

Once our Sales Agent has appraised your property to be listed on the market for sale, and you are keen to go ahead with selling, the following process will usually occur:

Nominate a Solicitor/Conveyancer to act on your behalf

In order to market or advertise your property for sale, The Property, Stock & Business Agents Act requires our office must hold a draft copy of the contract for sale.When choosing a Solicitor/Conveyancer to prepare your draft copy of the contract for sale you need to ensure that they are licensed to undertake conveyancing matters in NSW. The draft copy of the contract of sale will include the following information:
  •     Front page of the contract noting First National Broken Hill as the "Agent", You as the "Vendor", your nominated solicitor as the "Vendor's Solicitor", the address of the property to be sold as "Land", The Folio Identifier (Title plan details).
  •     List of documents to be included in the draft copy of the contract
  •     Smoke alarms warning advice
  •     Property certificate for the land (title search)
  •     Plan of the land
  •     Section 149(5) certificate (Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979) and information included in that certificate (this is obtained from Broken Hill City Council bby your Solicitor/Conveyancer)
  •     Sewerage connections diagram & Mains Connection Diagram (Diagram of Sanitary Drainage - obtained from Country Water by your Solicitor/Conveyancer)
  •     Any other documents relevant to the sale of your property
  •     Terms, conditions and list of definitions in relation to the contract of sale.

Our office can email or fax the Solicitor/Conveyancer to prepare the contract of sale on your behalf. Please discuss Professional Fees to prepare the draft copy of the contract of sale with your nominated Solicitor/Conveyancer.

Appoint an Agent to act on your behalf

Our Sales Agent will be more than happy to act on your behalf. Once you and the agent have agreed on an appropriate listing price, your desired marketing plan and commission fee to be paid once the property settles, you will be required to sign an exclusive agency agreement which is to confirm in writing the following information:
  •     That you as the Vendor (or Principal) give First National Real Estate Broken Hill as the Agent, permission to act on your behalf in showing the property and receiving offers on the property to be negotiated with you.
  •     The commission fee to be paid upon settlement of the property
  •     The listing price of the property
  •     The sale method (via Private Treaty)
  •     Period of the exclusive agency agreement (120 days)

Contact us for further information